Thursday, January 7, 2010

An Umbrella at the Rainy Day


Just now, the sun still shining and sharing its warm to every creatures that live below it. In a minutes, just like how a mood swings, it turns into cloudy day with black clouds everywhere. The thunder keeps calling for the rain. Maybe in an hours, the rain will make a beautiful shower into the earth.

From far away, Carol faster her walk. Wishing that the cloud will be kind-hearted and stopping the rain from coming before she reaches a woody house. That little woody house, located in the middle of forest, is a woody house that Carol built with her father when she moved to this city for the first time.

 Her house is next to the forest, so in her leeway, she will went to the forest alone and made herself comfort. At that time, she hasn't got any friends. The only thing she can did, just playing with the trees.

She called it "Runaway House". Everytime, when she facing a problem at school or even her parents scolded and grumpy at her, the best way to escape was go to the "Runaway Home". Eleven years has passed way since that day. In the last three years, she is sent to another country by her parents to continue her study.

The first day she came back is today. And the first thing she gonna do, is visiting her woody house. Nothing change. Not herself, not her "Runaway House", not her memories. Everything still remains the same as she left. Carol take a seat in a long chair in front of the house.

It's start raining.

And fortunately, it happens after she reached the house.

"I wish I can meet you." Carol talked to herself, lying her body to the whole chair and starts closing her eyes.

 When she is in her way to the dreamland, someone is calling her,

"Excuse me......" Carol opens her eyes slowly and see that a man, around 40 years old, standing beside her and looking at her.

She is aghast and quickly standing up her body.

 "I'm sorry." the man looks regret for distrubing Carol's sleep, "I just want to ask for a permission to take shelter in here till the rain stops. May I, Miss??"

Carol doesn't response at him. She just looked at him deeply and silent. There a strange and weird feeling. But, instead of it, she also feels warm and comfortable.

"If you feel objection, I can go now."

 Carol hold the man's wrist, "It's okay. I don't mind."

She doesn't know how to express herself. But. Her little heart is whispering that she wants to stay a little bit longer with that man.

It's raining for almost one hours and it doesnt seems to be stopped soon. Now, Carol and the man are sitting side by side. Both of them involve in an interesting conversation. Seems like, they are two best friends that haven't met for a long time. They talked about family, hobbies, college and dreams to achieve.

Suddenly, the thunder screams out loud. It's not a big deal for the man, but not with Carol. She close her ears with both of her hand, and tears is slowly rolling down from her face. "Are you okay?" the man looks worry about Carol condition "I hate thunder. It remains me the day my Dad passed away."

Carol stopped for a second and continued, "My Dad and I built this woody house together. Everytime I was scolded by him or my Mom, I will ran to this house. If I didnt get back in an hours, my dad will come, accompany me till I want to went home with him. This house kept a thousand memories of me & my Dad. But......." Carol starts to cry, "At the day he passed away, I weren't by his side. I was in Aussie, in my college, in my class, having my final test. You know what, at the time my Mom told me about the bad news, suddenly it's raining and having a loud thunder. I felt that the rain and the thunder want to let me know that they have my Dad with them in the sky, and I can't do anything to change it. Even the worst part is, I can't fly back to my home, see my Dad for the last time before he was buried, just because I still having my final test for the next five days. I just wish that I can see my Dad for the last time, talk to him and tell him how much I love him."

Carol doesn't know why she can told everything about her family. Telling about his passed away Dad. Feels it's convenient to shares her feeling.

The man smiles and caress Carol's hair softly, "Your father must be very proud having a daughter that loved him so much."

"I wish he know it. When he was alive, I never listen to his words, disobey him many times, and act like I dont need a Dad like him. Now I regret. I should tell him I love him when I still have that change."

 "Your father surely know it. He's hearing to all what you said from the sky."

"Is he?"

 Carol stops her crying. With her bigger eyes, she looked at the man.

"Yes, he will. And if. I said if, okay? If, I am your father, I will tell you that I never regret to have a daughter like you."

"Do you think so?" Carol sweeps away the left tears.

 "Absolutely." the man stand up and continue, "I have to go now."

"But the rain hasn't stop. Why don't you wait till it's stop? I dont mind to accompany you. I feel comfort and warm when I am with you. Maybe it's sound ridiculous, but for a second, I felt that you like my Dad. Your smile. Your words. Your way of speaking."

The man smiles again, "I need to go now. I dont have much time left."

"Wait" Carol go inside the house and come out with an umbrella in her hand, "Take this. It is my Dad favorite umbrella, but I think you need it than me. I can wait till the rain stops and go home right after it."

 "Thank you, Dear." the man take the umbrella.

 Dear.

 It has been long time ago, that her Dad called her in that way. No one ever called her like that. And she just loved the way the man called her.

"Hmmmphh....May I have a hug?"

 "Sure." the man laugh and walk near to Carol, give a big hug, "Just assume that this is a hug from your father. A hug that will give you strength. Remember! Your Dad will always be with you. He's seeing you from the sky right now. So let's give him a big smile starts from now on."

Carol is nodding her head and waving her hand to that man.

Time to say goodbye.


 In the next morning.
Carol just wake up and walks to her front of house, look for a newspaper. She's quite shock when saw a blue umbrella is standing nect to the newspaper. She take the umbrella and find a little card is stick in front of it.

It's written :
 Thank you for the umbrella,
Dear -Josh Ruberto-
P.S : I will always see you from above. So give me a big smile.

Carol understand.
That man was her Dad in others body.
"Thanks, Dad. Everytime, when I am thinking bout you, I will look at the sky. Give you a big smile, and shouted, "I'm a brave d

0 comments:

Post a Comment